Bocadental and Michael J. Gioia, Jr., DMD proudly serve the general and cosmetic dental needs in Boca Raton and the surrounding communities of West Palm Beach, Parkland, Pompano Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach Gardens, Deerfield Beach, Lake Worth, Margate, and Boynton Beach.
Teeth Whitening in Boca Raton Florida
Having a beautiful smile may be even easier than you think. Many people achieve the look they’ve been dreaming of with our simple “bleaching” procedure.
What Are The Details?
It’s safe, quick, and inexpensive. Just let us know at any appointment if you would like to whiten your teeth. You can lighten only your upper teeth or both the upper and lower, depending on how much you show when you talk and smile.
In only a day or two your custom bleach splints will be ready for you to pick up. We provide you with a special bleaching agent that you put into the clear splints. With only a few hours of wear per day, our special bleaching agent bubbles stains right out of your enamel in a very short time without altering tooth structure or existing dental work in any way. When your teeth reach the desired brightness, only occasional treatment is needed to maintain your new smile. We’ll want to take “after” photos at your next appointment.
Dental bleaching can be used to correct tooth discoloration. Discolorations can be caused by staining, aging, or chemical damage to teeth. Using the latest in bleaching technology, we can offer a safe method for creating a beautiful “brilliant” smile. In cases of extreme tooth discoloration, crowns or veneers may be the only choice, but because of the low cost of bleaching treatments, bleaching is nearly always worth a solid try.
How is teeth whitening done?
An impression is taken to make a specialized “mouthguard” or “stent” to hold the bleach against the teeth. The material is used each night for about 3-4 hours for a week or two, and at the end of this time, significant whitening will occur. In some cases, the change is nothing short of brilliant. For confidence in appearance, bleaching technology allows us to promise improvements in yellowing, aging or stained teeth. For very severely stained teeth, crowns or porcelain veneers may be more appropriate.
Over-the-counter bleaching agents are available for purchase at drug stores and pharmacies. However, since these products can cause harm to the gums and teeth, it’s better to use products that our practice recommends.
Why Choose Dr. Michael Gioia?
- Dr. Gioia has earned the prestigious Diplomate status from the American Board of Oral Implantology. He is one of only two Diplomates in Oral Implantology in Boca Raton. He has been involved in implant dentistry for nearly 20 years and has placed and restored thousands of implants.
- Dr Gioia’s office is equipped with the latest technology: A 3D imaging cat scan unit (cone beam cat scan ), imaging software and guided surgical devices that are available to help make each visit more comfortable and predictable. The all- on- 4 concept is utilized for failed dentitions in order to avoid grafting , to avoid nerve impingement, and in order to complete teeth in a day, when appropriate.
- Dr. Gioia is devoted to patient safety and excellence in treatment. In addition to Dr Gioia, the office utilizes the skills of general dentist with emphasis in cosmetic dentistry, a periodontist highly skilled in complex dental implant care, and an MD anesthesiologist who are all devoted to completing your care in the most expert and comfortable manner.
- Dr. Gioia’s training includes postgraduate training in Prosthodontics at the University of Illinois, College of Dentistry with subspecialty training in maxillofacial Prosthodontics at the University of Pittsburgh Eye and Ear Hospital, College of Dentistry. His I.V. anesthesia training was completed at the University Of Alabama, Birmingham, College of Dentistry. Dr. Gioia is a Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Implantology.
- Dr. Gioia is a member of numerous organizations including the ADSA, FDSA, ADA , ACP, AAID, AO, ICOI, FPA, AGD, and SPBCDA.
- Dr. Gioia has served as Sec/Treas., and President of the Florida Dental Society of Anesthesiology, ending three years of service in 2006. Dr. Gioia donates many hours of community service. He volunteers dental care services at Caridad Dental Center treating migrant workers in Boynton Beach for over 20 years.
REAL PATIENTS REAL REVIEWS
(use scroll bar to read more reviews)