Bocadental and Michael J. Gioia, Jr., DMD proudly serve the general and cosmetic dental needs in Boca Raton and the surrounding communities of West Palm Beach, Parkland, Pompano Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach Gardens, Deerfield Beach, Lake Worth, Margate, and Boynton Beach.
All on 4
All-on-4 in Boca Raton Florida
“The Dental Implant Solution to Make You Smile”
Missing several teeth can severely influence your daily life. It can have effects on your jaw bones and gums. It can affect your health, appearance, and self-esteem. It can negatively impact your lifestyle. Learning you need dentures can be a daunting thought as you consider the process, pain, and cost. Now, imagine immediate results. With the All-on-4, you can expect same-day results and so much more. The first patient to be treated with all in one procedure was in 1998. It was a successful and minimally invasive procedure. Today, Boca Dental offers this revolutionary concept for failing dentition. Every tooth counts.
All on 4 concept and All on 4 have been developed by Nobel Biocare and have proven to be a predictable means of restoring failed dentitions so that patients can enjoy a smile in as little as one day.
Here Are The Advantages
The All-on-4 treatment concept is an efficient, graftless solution that provides patients with a fixed prosthesis on the day of surgery.
- Full-arch rehabilitation with four implants
- Two straight anterior implants and posterior implants tilted up to 45 degrees in the posterior jaw.
- lmmediate Function (fixed bridge)
For patients meeting criteria for immediate loading of implants the technique features a Graftless procedure and Bone grafting is avoided by tilting implants to avoid the sinus and nerve impingement using available bone.
Here Are The Caveats
The patient must be in reasonable health. Age is not a determining factor, health is in determining the appropriateness of undergoing care. A soft diet must be adhered to for the duration of implant healing (integration) which is normally 8 weeks.
Upon consultation, a 3d image will be taken of the jaws. A cone beam cat scan is taken and immediately demonstrates to the viewer the appropriateness of the treatment. Specialized software is then utilized, (Nobel Clinician) to complete the “surgery” digitally. The plan is then shown to the patient and all questions are answered.
Intravenous sedation is often employed to make the visit less memorable. This is not a requirement however as some individuals wish to forgo sedation. In some cases, the use of an MD anesthesiologist is employed. Teeth are removed and implants are then placed. Impressions are made for a laboratory fabricated provisional “all on 4“ restoration. This (interim) prosthesis allows the patient to function, upon complete integration. Following integration, a final, definitive, prosthesis will be made. This final prosthesis is typically zirconium, porcelain, which is extremely durable. The surgical phase takes approximately two to three hours. The prosthetic device is delivered once fabricated.
As technique is evidenced based using Nobel implants my office adheres to this line of implants. Nobel components are used in conjunction with Nobel implants.
Why Choose Dr. Michael Gioia?
- Dr. Gioia has earned the prestigious Diplomate status from the American Board of Oral Implantology. He is one of only two Diplomates in Oral Implantology in Boca Raton. He has been involved in implant dentistry for nearly 20 years and has placed and restored thousands of implants.
- Dr Gioia’s office is equipped with the latest technology: A 3D imaging cat scan unit (cone beam cat scan ), imaging software and guided surgical devices that are available to help make each visit more comfortable and predictable. The all- on- 4 concept is utilized for failed dentitions in order to avoid grafting , to avoid nerve impingement, and in order to complete teeth in a day, when appropriate.
- Dr. Gioia is devoted to patient safety and excellence in treatment. In addition to Dr Gioia, the office utilizes the skills of general dentist with emphasis in cosmetic dentistry, a periodontist highly skilled in complex dental implant care, and an MD anesthesiologist who are all devoted to completing your care in the most expert and comfortable manner.
- Dr. Gioia’s training includes postgraduate training in Prosthodontics at the University of Illinois, College of Dentistry with subspecialty training in maxillofacial Prosthodontics at the University of Pittsburgh Eye and Ear Hospital, College of Dentistry. His I.V. anesthesia training was completed at the University Of Alabama, Birmingham, College of Dentistry. Dr. Gioia is a Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Implantology.
- Dr. Gioia is a member of numerous organizations including the ADSA, FDSA, ADA , ACP, AAID, AO, ICOI, FPA, AGD, and SPBCDA.
- Dr. Gioia has served as Sec/Treas., and President of the Florida Dental Society of Anesthesiology, ending three years of service in 2006. Dr. Gioia donates many hours of community service. He volunteers dental care services at Caridad Dental Center treating migrant workers in Boynton Beach for over 20 years.
REAL PATIENTS REAL REVIEWS
(use scroll bar to read more reviews)