Oral Hygiene In Boca Raton Florida
Why Is Oral Hygiene So Important?
Adults over 35 lose more teeth to gum diseases (periodontal disease) than from cavities. Three out of four adults are affected at some time in their life. The best way to prevent cavities and periodontal disease is by good tooth brushing and flossing techniques, performed daily.
Periodontal disease and decay are both caused by bacterial plaque. Plaque is a colorless film, which sticks to your teeth at the gumline. Plaque constantly forms on your teeth. By thorough daily brushing and flossing you can remove these germs and help prevent periodontal disease.
If you have any pain while brushing or have any questions about how to brush properly, please be sure to call the office at (561) 391-6606
How To Brush
Dr. Gregg Weinstein recommends using a soft to medium toothbrush. Position the brush at a 45-degree angle where your gums and teeth meet. Gently move the brush in a circular motion several times using small, gentle strokes brushing the outside surfaces of your teeth. Use light pressure while putting the bristles between the teeth, but not so much pressure that you feel any discomfort.
When you are done cleaning the outside surfaces of all your teeth, follow the same directions while cleaning the inside of the back teeth.
To clean the inside surfaces of the upper and lower front teeth, hold the brush vertically. Make several gentle back-and-forth strokes over each tooth. Don’t forget to gently brush the surrounding gum tissue.
Next you will clean the biting surfaces of your teeth by using short, gentle strokes. Change the position of the brush as often as necessary to reach and clean all surfaces. Try to watch yourself in the mirror to make sure you clean each surface. After you are done, rinse vigorously to remove any plaque you might have loosened while brushing.
Caring for Sensitive Teeth
Sometimes after dental treatment, teeth are sensitive to hot and cold. This should not last long, but only if the mouth is kept clean. If the mouth is not kept clean the sensitivity will remain and could become more severe. If your teeth are especially sensitive consult with your doctor. They may recommend a medicated toothpaste or mouth rinse made especially for sensitive teeth.
Why Choose Boca Dental?
As a leading dentist in Boca Raton, FL, we have helped countless patients enhance their smiles. Below are just a few of the many reasons you can trust our dental team for your dental needs:
- We use the industry’s best and newest technology, including 3D imaging software, guided surgical devices, and more, to improve patient outcomes and streamline our cosmetic dentistry services.
- We know that achieving a smile you love can’t wait, so we offer one-day cosmetic dentistry services.
- We have obtained Diplomate status from the American Board of Oral Implantology, a recognition only awarded to one other dentist in Boca Raton.
- We take extra steps to ensure your comfort throughout your visit, and our sedation dentistry can help patients with dental anxiety receive essential dental treatments.
- Our dental team consists of a highly trained general dentist, periodontist, and in-office anesthesiologist dedicated to patient safety and satisfaction.
Enjoy Your Dental Visit In A Relaxed, Atmosphere.
08:00AM – 05:00PM
09:00AM – 06:00PM
08:00AM – 05:00PM
08:00AM – 05:00PM
08:00AM – 02:00PM
Available after hours via WhatsApp on your mobile phone
Boca Dental Dentist
Get In Touch
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.