Quality Dental Inlays and Onlays in Boca Raton, FL
Restore your dental function and aesthetics with high-quality inlays and onlays. Schedule a consultation at Boca Dental today and enjoy top-tier dental services in Boca Raton, FL.
What Are Inlays and Onlays?
Inlays and onlays are custom-fitted dental restorations made of porcelain, composite resin, or gold. While gold used to be the most popular material for inlays and onlays, porcelain restorations are a more common choice today, since porcelain can match natural tooth color more closely.
Your dentist may recommend inlay or onlay dental procedures when over half of the biting surface of a tooth suffers damage. In these cases, a regular filling typically isn’t enough to restore tooth structure.
Both inlays and onlays permanently bond to the damaged tooth area. The difference between the two is that an inlay fits inside the tooth cusp tips, while an onlay is typically a larger structure that extends over the tooth cusp(s).
Benefits of an Inlay or Onlay Filling
An onlay or inlay filling offers major benefits for eligible patients. Specifically, an inlay or onlay can:
- Reinforce the tooth by up to 75%, unlike traditional fillings, which may weaken the tooth by up to 50%.
- Provide a lasting reconstruction that lasts between 10 and 30 years.
- Provide an alternative to crowns if the tooth damage isn’t substantial enough to justify a crown.
What to Expect in a Dental Inlay or Onlay Procedure
The process of getting inlays and onlays requires two appointments. During the first one, your dentist will remove the damaged tooth area and/or any old fillings and prepare the tooth surface for the new restoration.
The dentist will make an impression of the tooth, which the lab will use to create your new custom-fitted inlay or onlay. Then the dentist will use temporary sealant on the treated area to keep you comfortable until your next appointment.
During the second appointment, the dentist will remove the temporary sealant and make sure the new inlay or onlay fits your tooth structure. After ensuring a correct fit, the dentist will bond the inlay or onlay to the tooth surface with a durable resin. Finally, the dentist will polish the new restoration to give it a perfectly smooth finish.
Your dentist will numb the treatment area, so you don’t need to worry about pain or discomfort during the procedure. Once the numbing wears off, you may experience some tenderness and mild discomfort that lasts for about 24-48 hours.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Inlays and Onlays?
Inlays and onlays may be a viable option for you if:
- You have enough intact tooth structure for an inlay or an onlay
- Your remaining tooth structure is healthy and strong enough to support inlay or onlay restorations
- You don’t mind avoiding extra sticky or hard foods that could damage your new restoration
If tooth decay is too extensive and the remaining structure is insufficient for an inlay or onlay, we’ll usually recommend a different solution, like a CEREC one-day dental crown.
To find out whether you’re a suitable candidate for an inlay or onlay, schedule an appointment at Boca Dental.
Proper Care Recommendations for Inlays and Onlays
Although inlays and onlays can last for many years without any special care, you should do your best to maintain good oral health. Make sure you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Keep up with a daily flossing routine
- Avoid chewing on ice, hard candy, and other foods that may damage your dental restorations.
- Come in for dental check-ups and cleanings every 6 months.
In case your inlay or onlay becomes loose, falls out, or breaks, rinse your mouth to remove any broken bits and make an emergency appointment at our clinic. We’ll do our best to schedule you as soon as possible, assess your condition, and recommend the optimal solution, whether it’s reattaching a loose inlay or onlay or replacing a damaged restoration.
Schedule a Consultation at Boca Dental, Your Top Provider of Superior Inlays and Onlays in Boca Raton, FL
Unsure whether inlays and onlays or another type of dental procedure would be the best choice in your case? Schedule a consultation at Boca Dental.
During your consultation, we will discuss your concerns and smile goals and recommend the most effective treatment option for your needs. Trust our experienced dental team to help you feel confident in your smile.
Contact us online or call (561) 391-6606 today.
Why Choose Boca Dental?
As a leading dentist in Boca Raton, FL, we have helped countless patients enhance their smiles. Below are just a few of the many reasons you can trust our dental team for your dental needs:
- We use the industry’s best and newest technology, including 3D imaging software, guided surgical devices, and more, to improve patient outcomes and streamline our cosmetic dentistry services.
- We know that achieving a smile you love can’t wait, so we offer one-day cosmetic dentistry services.
- We have obtained Diplomate status from the American Board of Oral Implantology, a recognition only awarded to one other dentist in Boca Raton.
- We take extra steps to ensure your comfort throughout your visit, and our sedation dentistry can help patients with dental anxiety receive essential dental treatments.
- Our dental team consists of a highly trained general dentist, periodontist, and in-office anesthesiologist dedicated to patient safety and satisfaction.
Enjoy Your Dental Visit In A Relaxed, Atmosphere.
08:00AM – 05:00PM
09:00AM – 06:00PM
08:00AM – 05:00PM
08:00AM – 05:00PM
08:00AM – 02:00PM
Available after hours via WhatsApp on your mobile phone
Boca Dental Dentist
Get In Touch
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.