Keep Your Smile Beautiful with Professional Teeth Cleaning in Boca Raton, FL
Professional teeth cleaning complements your at-home oral care routine and helps keep your teeth and gums healthy. Schedule a checkup and cleaning appointment at Boca Dental, a first-rate dental care provider in Boca Raton, FL.
Why You Should Visit a Dentist for Teeth Cleaning
Brushing and flossing thoroughly at least twice daily goes a long way in keeping your teeth and gums in top condition. However, to complete your oral care routine, you also need professional teeth cleaning at least twice a year. Usually, a dental hygienist will perform teeth cleaning at your biannual dental checkup.
A dental hygienist will remove plaque and tartar buildup, using professional tools that clean your teeth and gums much more thoroughly than at home. This routine cleaning ensures that even hard-to-reach crevices in your mouth get proper care and helps catch potential issues, like gingivitis, before they become serious problems. Professional teeth cleaning may also include fluoride treatments to prevent dental decay.
What Professional Teeth Cleaning Can Do for You
Getting your teeth professionally cleaned at least twice a year is crucial for your oral health. Teeth cleaning can:
- Prevent gum disease and gum recession
- Reduce bacterial growth
- Help treat gingivitis and periodontitis
- Prevent tooth loss
Teeth cleaning is a quick, simple, and painless procedure. Take a step toward optimal oral maintenance by scheduling a professional cleaning at Boca Dental.
What To Expect When You Come in for Teeth Cleaning
A routine teeth cleaning is relatively quick and straightforward. Your appointment will typically start with a routine examination, during which your dentist will check the teeth and gums for any issues. Your dentist may take this opportunity to give you tips on optimal brushing or flossing methods.
Once the dental hygienist gets the all-clear, they will start the teeth cleaning. The hygienist will remove plaque and tartar from your teeth and gum line with a special instrument called a scaler. Then, they will polish your teeth using an electric handpiece and polishing paste. The dental hygienist will finish the procedure with thorough flossing to eliminate any hidden plaque between your teeth.
After your teeth are clean and polished, the dental hygienist will usually apply a fluoride treatment to strengthen your tooth enamel and prevent cavities. Your molar surfaces may also get a sealant coat to protect their enamel and block bacteria from entering.
If you have good oral health, your biannual teeth cleaning appointment should take about 30 minutes.
Who May Need a Deep Teeth Cleaning?
If you suffer from gum disease like gingivitis or periodontitis, you may require a deeper cleaning procedure known as scaling and root planing.
Unlike regular teeth cleaning, which focuses on the surface of the teeth and the gum line, scaling and root planing also removes plaque and tartar buildup down to the tooth roots. You may need scaling and root planing in all the quadrants of your mouth (upper right and left, lower right and left) or just part of your mouth.
Scaling and root planing takes considerably more time than regular cleaning — up to two hours for most patients. Usually, we’re able to complete same-day teeth cleaning, even in cases of widespread periodontitis, though some patients may need multiple appointments.
Teeth Cleaning Aftercare
Teeth cleaning is a simple, non-invasive procedure that allows you to resume your regular routine immediately. However, to make the most of your professional dental cleaning, you should:
- Wait at least 30 minutes before you eat or drink to allow the fluoride treatment to fuse with your tooth enamel
- Choose soft, lukewarm foods and avoid hot beverages for at least four hours to prevent discomfort and facilitate the setting of the fluoride coat
- Avoid brushing and flossing for four to six hours and then brush your teeth gently with a soft-bristled brush since your teeth and gums may feel slightly sensitive.
- Contact our clinic in case of unusual sensitivity, pain, or bleeding
Schedule a Teeth Cleaning Appointment at Boca Dental
Professional teeth cleaning is an indispensable part of your oral care routine. Get your teeth professionally cleaned at least twice a year to keep plaque and tartar at bay, prevent dental problems, and avoid gingivitis.
Call (561) 391-6606 or fill out our online form to schedule a teeth cleaning appointment at Boca Dental.
Why Choose Boca Dental?
As a leading dentist in Boca Raton, FL, we have helped countless patients enhance their smiles. Below are just a few of the many reasons you can trust our dental team for your dental needs:
- We use the industry’s best and newest technology, including 3D imaging software, guided surgical devices, and more, to improve patient outcomes and streamline our cosmetic dentistry services.
- We know that achieving a smile you love can’t wait, so we offer one-day cosmetic dentistry services.
- We have obtained Diplomate status from the American Board of Oral Implantology, a recognition only awarded to one other dentist in Boca Raton.
- We take extra steps to ensure your comfort throughout your visit, and our sedation dentistry can help patients with dental anxiety receive essential dental treatments.
- Our dental team consists of a highly trained general dentist, periodontist, and in-office anesthesiologist dedicated to patient safety and satisfaction.
Enjoy Your Dental Visit In A Relaxed, Atmosphere.
08:00AM – 05:00PM
09:00AM – 06:00PM
08:00AM – 05:00PM
08:00AM – 05:00PM
08:00AM – 02:00PM
Available after hours via WhatsApp on your mobile phone
Boca Dental Dentist
Get In Touch
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.