Preventative Dentistry in Boca Raton Florida
Boca Raton Preventative Dentistry
In Boca Raton, preventative dentistry procedures may be scheduled with Boca Dental. Teeth cleanings are one of the most common types of preventative dental care. Patients who schedule regular cleanings are more likely to avoid a build-up of plaque, tartar and bacteria.
As the old saying goes, “Prevention is better than a cure.” So, preventative dentistry is one of the main services offered by Boca Dental.
Preventative dentistry means maintenance care for one’s gums and teeth. Our daily meals and food intake for nourishment keep our mouth busy. We need to manage the wear and tear of our gum and teeth by regular brushing and flossing. On top of everyday oral hygiene, we should also schedule preventative dentistry every six months.
Why Preventative Dentistry in Boca Raton is Important
A problem-free set of gums and teeth is important in staying healthy. We can avoid diseases and complications from existing diseases (e.g. diabetes) if we keep oral hygiene on our list of priorities. Preventative dentistry helps so we can avoid cavities, enamel loss and gum diseases (gingivitis and periodontitis).
Parents should schedule set a preventative dentistry appointment for their children. Receiving professional dental care at an early age will make the child become comfortable dentists. Also, as children start to develop adult teeth, they need proper care to make sure their teeth will come in strong and healthy.
For adults, preventative dentistry means taking care of the body’s overall health. The mouth can be a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. If taken for granted, problems in the mouth can result in extended problems throughout the body.
Pregnant women should also take extra care of their gums and teeth. Studies have found that premature birth and low birth weight may have some relevance to poor oral health. Some mothers have reported unusual mouth bleeding while brushing their teeth. These are signs of weaker gums that may be affected by the hormonal changes in a woman’s body during pregnancy.
Personal Preventative Dentistry
Every six months, we should see a dental hygienist or dentist for dental cleanings. In between these times, our personal dental hygiene will keep us away from dental problems.
The American Dental Association recommends brushing our teeth at least twice a day. This is the minimum. Brushing rids our teeth of food and plaque, which is home to bacteria that causes tooth decay and gum problems.
The ADA also recommends daily flossing, which allows us to clean the spaces between our teeth. Flossing stops the development of cavities and gets rid of bacteria, too.
Having a healthy diet also helps in the practice of personal preventative oral hygiene. We should limit our sugar intake because mouth bacteria thrive in carbohydrates. White bread, incidentally, is high in sugar. We should also drink plenty of water every day.
In a study published by The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, the public is advised to do the following to avoid bacteria build-up in the mouth:
- consumption of a balanced diet
- adherence to dietary guidelines and the dietary reference intakes
- use of topical fluorides, and
- consumption of fluoridated water
Incidentally, water fluoridation is the regulated addition of fluoride to a public water supply. This practice aims to reduce the incidence of tooth decay.
Make An Appointment: Preventative Dentistry in Boca Raton, Florida
If you are from Boca Raton, Florida and you wish to schedule an appointment for preventative dentistry, call [wpcode id=”1183″] Boca Dental. Dentist Gregg Weinstein is always ready to help you achieve a truly beautiful smile.
Why Choose Boca Dental
- Diplomate status from the American Board of Oral Implantology. One of only two Diplomates in Oral Implantology in Boca Raton. Boca Dental has been involved in implant dentistry for nearly 20 years and has placed and restored thousands of implants.
- Boca Dental is equipped with the latest technology: A 3D imaging cat scan unit (cone beam cat scan ), imaging software and guided surgical devices that are available to help make each visit more comfortable and predictable. The all-on-4 concept is utilized for failed dentitions in order to avoid grafting, to avoid nerve impingement, and in order to complete teeth in a day, when appropriate.
- Devoted to patient safety and excellence in treatment. Our office utilizes the skills of general dentist with emphasis in cosmetic dentistry, a periodontist highly skilled in complex dental implant care, and an MD anesthesiologist who are all devoted to completing your care in the most expert and comfortable manner.
- Member of numerous organizations including the ADSA, FDSA, ADA, ACP, AAID, AO, ICOI, FPA, AGD, and SPBCDA.
Enjoy Your Dental Visit In A Relaxed, Atmosphere.
08:00AM – 05:00PM
09:00AM – 06:00PM
08:00AM – 05:00PM
08:00AM – 05:00PM
08:00AM – 02:00PM
Available after hours via WhatsApp on your mobile phone
Boca Dental Dentist
Get In Touch
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.