Restore Your Gum Health With a Safe, Minimally Invasive Pinhole Gum Procedure in Boca Raton, FL
Do you suffer from receding gums? The pinhole gum surgical technique has helped many of our patients reverse gum recession. Schedule an appointment at Boca Dental to find out whether you’re a candidate for minimally invasive pinhole surgery.
About the Pinhole Procedure for Gums
Many individuals suffer from gingival recession (a.k.a. gum recession) due to age, genetics, periodontal disease, and other factors. If left untreated, gum recession can lead to serious dental issues like tooth decay, exposed roots, chronic pain, and tooth loss.
The pinhole gum procedure is an advanced, efficient treatment for chronic gum recession. This treatment, alternatively called the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, can realign the patient’s gum tissue with no invasive procedures like incisions or gum grafts.
Dr. Gregg Weinstein of Boca Dental is one of the few dental care providers in Florida with the necessary certifications to perform pinhole gum treatment. Dr. Weinstein learned directly from Dr. Chao, the pinhole gum technique pioneer.
Benefits of the Dental Pinhole Technique
The pinhole gum procedure can be the optimal choice for many patients needing treatment for gum recession. This technique:
- Offers effective gum restoration comparable to traditional surgical techniques
- Is quicker and less intrusive than conventional gum grafting
- Involves no incisions, grafts, or sutures
- Provides a better, more comfortable treatment experience for patients
- Boasts a faster and less painful recovery than traditional gum surgery
Schedule a consultation today to discover whether pinhole gum restoration is right for you.
How the Pinhole Gum Procedure Works
Once our periodontist approves you for the pinhole gum procedure, we will schedule a deep, thorough teeth cleaning to remove any buildup of plaque and tartar and prepare the area for surgery.
During the procedure, Dr. Weinstein will use a small needle to make a minuscule hole in the treated gum area. Then, Dr. Weinstein will slowly loosen the gum tissue and gently realign it into the proper position using various instruments. Finally, Dr. Weinstein will apply tiny collagen strips to secure the gum tissue in its correct place until the treatment area heals and the tissue reattaches to cover the previously exposed tooth roots.
In most cases, pinhole gum treatment takes place under local anesthesia. The procedure usually requires 10-15 minutes per tooth, although this may vary from patient to patient. We are usually able to treat all the gum recession areas in a single session.
Am I a Good Candidate for Pinhole Gum Lift?
Pinhole gum treatment may be an optimal choice for you if you:
- Suffer from gum recession but are generally in good health
- Have no present gum infection or other acute oral or dental issues
- Are a non-smoker
- Are ready to commit to oral hygiene habits that will facilitate gum recovery and prevent further recession
To find out whether pinhole gum surgery might work for you, schedule an appointment at Boca Dental. Our knowledgeable staff will assess your gumline’s condition, address any existing dental or periodontal issues, and recommend a tailored care plan.
Recovering After Pinhole Gum Treatment
Since pinhole gum treatment involves no incisions or sutures, recovery after this procedure is much quicker than traditional gum grafting. You may experience mild pain, bleeding, discomfort, and swelling during the first few days after the pinhole gum procedure. Contact us at once if symptoms persist or get worse or if you develop sudden, severe pain or inflammation.
Our staff will provide you with detailed instructions on post-treatment at-home care to facilitate your recovery. Generally, you’ll need to:
- Avoid brushing the treatment areas for six weeks
- Use a special rinse to keep your teeth and gums clean
- Avoid pulling on your lip to look at the treatment area (this may disrupt tissue healing)
- Refrain from consuming sticky or crunchy foods and carbonated beverages during the recovery period
- Limit or avoid strenuous exercise for at least a week
Schedule a Consultation With Boca Dental To Discuss Your Gum Restoration Options in Boca Raton, FL
Are you experiencing chronic gum recession? A pinhole gum procedure can restore gum structure with significantly less discomfort and a shorter recovery time than conventional gum grafting.
Schedule an appointment with us at Boca Dental today and find out whether the pinhole gum technique is the optimal solution for you.
Why Choose Boca Dental?
As a leading dentist in Boca Raton, FL, we have helped countless patients enhance their smiles. Below are just a few of the many reasons you can trust our dental team for your dental needs:
- We use the industry’s best and newest technology, including 3D imaging software, guided surgical devices, and more, to improve patient outcomes and streamline our cosmetic dentistry services.
- We know that achieving a smile you love can’t wait, so we offer one-day cosmetic dentistry services.
- We have obtained Diplomate status from the American Board of Oral Implantology, a recognition only awarded to one other dentist in Boca Raton.
- We take extra steps to ensure your comfort throughout your visit, and our sedation dentistry can help patients with dental anxiety receive essential dental treatments.
- Our dental team consists of a highly trained general dentist, periodontist, and in-office anesthesiologist dedicated to patient safety and satisfaction.
Enjoy Your Dental Visit In A Relaxed, Atmosphere.
08:00AM – 05:00PM
09:00AM – 06:00PM
08:00AM – 05:00PM
08:00AM – 05:00PM
08:00AM – 02:00PM
Available after hours via WhatsApp on your mobile phone
Boca Dental Dentist
Get In Touch
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.